Subject: bug#13658: closed (Re: bug#13658: 24.3.50; `#^^' syntax isn't mentioned in Emacs Lisp manual)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 02:28:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13658: 24.3.50; `#^^' syntax isn't mentioned in Emacs Lisp manual

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13658: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13658
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13658: 24.3.50; `#^^' syntax isn't mentioned in Emacs Lisp manual
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 21:27:20 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.3

I added a footnote, but the elisp manual is not intended to explain
absolutely every detail about Emacs. For some things you have to read
the code.

Subject: 24.3.50; `#^^' syntax isn't mentioned in Emacs Lisp manual
From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 08:11:05 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I eval the (current-global-map) form:

(keymap #^[nil nil keymap 
#^^[3 0 set-mark-command move-beginning-of-line backward-char 
mode-specific-command-prefix delete-char move-end-of-line forward-char 
keyboard-quit help-command indent-for-tab-command ...] #^^[1 0 #^^[2 0 
#^^[3 0 set-mark-command move-beginning-of-line backward-char 
mode-specific-command-prefix delete-char move-end-of-line forward-char 
keyboard-quit help-command indent-for-tab-command ...] self-insert-command 
self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command 
self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command 
...] self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command 
self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command 
self-insert-command self-insert-command ...] self-insert-command 
self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command 
self-insert-command self-insert-command ...] (C-mouse-5 . mwheel-scroll) 
(S-mouse-5 . mwheel-scroll) (mouse-5 . mwheel-scroll) (C-mouse-4 . 
mwheel-scroll) (S-mouse-4 . mwheel-scroll) (mouse-4 . mwheel-scroll) (paste . 
clipboard-yank) (copy . clipboard-kill-ring-save) (cut . clipboard-kill-region) 
(f18 . clipboard-yank) ...)

There is a `#^^' syntax.  Maybe it is the printed representation for nested char tables, but it isn't mentioned in the GNU Emacs Lisp manual.

The original post was here: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2013-02/msg00098.html

-- 
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao