Subject: bug#13645: 24.3.50; RCS backend hangs when checkout

From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 13:16:44 +0100

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a new file, edit it, save it.
2. Type C-x vv and select "RCS" as backend.
3. Type C-x vv.

Then, Emacs hangs idefinitely.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2013-01-18 on wilson
Bzr revision: 111546 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.10

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --mandir=/usr/local/share/man/
 --infodir=/usr/local/share/info/ --with-x-toolkit=no --without-makeinfo
 --with-xpm --with-jpeg --with-tiff --with-gif --with-png --with-x'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: LaTeX

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  reftex-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill

Recent input:
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> M-d M-d M-q 
C-x C-s C-s i s t SPC e i n e SPC <backspace> e <backspace> 
C-s C-s C-s <up> M-< C-s h ö h e r e SPC T <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> M-d 
s u b d <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
i s t C-x C-s C-s M e t h a n <right> <left> <escape> 
<backspace> K o h n e s t o f f <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <delete> l e <backspace> 
<right> n M-q C-x C-s <f8> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<home> <delete> <delete> <delete> <delete> <delete> 
<delete> K o h l e n s t o f f <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <end> <left> 
<left> C-SPC <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
M-w M-< M-% C-y <return> K o h l e n s t o f f <return> 
y <up> C-x u M-% <return> y M-< C-s K o h l e n <down> 
<down> <down> M-q <left> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> SPC i n SPC F o r m 
SPC v o n SPC C-y SPC b e i SPC d e r SPC D e p o s 
i t i o n M-q C-s z e i g t SPC e i n SPC B <right> 
C-c g <return> c q M-x g n u s <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> r e p o <tab> r t - e m <tab> 
b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Checking new news...done
No more unseen articles
Saving file /home/bronger/.newsrc...
Wrote /home/bronger/.newsrc
Saving /home/bronger/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/bronger/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/bronger/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/bronger/.newsrc.eld...done
Auto-saving...done
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail reftex-parse flow-fill latexenc org-colview
org-datetree view cal-iso shr-color color calc-alg calc-units calc-misc
calc-yank calc-aent thingatpt calc-menu calc-embed calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs rect log-edit pcvs-util vc find-dired dired-aux
help-mode dabbrev tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
shell mule-util cal-move misearch multi-isearch gnus-dup shr mm-archive
qp gnus-picon sort smiley gnus-cite gnus-bcklg gnus-async gnus-ml gmane
nndraft nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg nnml nnfolder gnus-cache bbdb-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum bbdb-snarf
mail-extr bbdb-com netrc network-stream auth-source eieio password-cache
starttls tls nntp nnoo rs-gnus-article-wash gnus-topic gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr reftex-dcr
reftex reftex-vars font-latex parse-time vc-cvs add-log sgml-mode vc-svn
sh-script smie executable gnuplot-gui gnuplot info-look nxml-uchnm
rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok
diff-mode cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs conf-mode vc-dispatcher vc-rcs
disp-table python rx vc-bzr org-indent org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail
org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp
org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus gnus-util org-docview org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-agenda ob-python org byte-opt warnings bytecomp
byte-compile cconv ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat
org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs format-spec find-func jabber-autoloads
server w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired w3m-hist
w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc
w3m-util rst compile comint ansi-color ring rs-windows-1252 cl-macs gv
browse-kill-ring mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto
mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat cl cl-lib bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs w3-auto preview prv-emacs info reporter latex easy-mmode
edmacro kmacro tex-style tex-buf tex dbus xml nadvice advice help-fns
easymenu autorevert tex-site auto-loads savehist time desktop delsel
cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Torsten Bronger    Jabber ID: [email-masked]
                                  or http://bronger-jmp.appspot.com