Subject: [emacs] ispell.el: hunspell dicts autodetection under Emacs.

From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 18:50:45 +0100

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 09:36:09PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 08:42:58PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > > > Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:12:34 +0100
> > > > From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
> > > > 
> > > > Sorry, I should have written WORDCHARS.
> > > 
> > > Why do we need that?
> > 
> > This is what ispell.el calls otherchars. Parsing WORDCHARS ensures that
> > both
> > hunspell and ispell.el think about the same characters in that category.
> 
> I think you are mistaken, that's not my reading of hunspell(4).

Sorry for the late reply,

(Opening a new thread specifically about hunspell dicts autodetection and
using new cloned bugreport #13639 specific about this)

Although WORDCHARS description in hunspell(4)

WORDCHARS characters
   WORDCHARS extends tokenizer of Hunspell command line interface
   with additional word character. For example, dot, dash, n-dash, numbers,
   percent sign are word character in Hungarian.

is too hungarian biassed and does not mention usual apostrophe AFAIK it
mostly refers to the same as 'otherchars', although hunspell may accept
that in locations not in the middle of a word.

The good news are that I started working on hunspell dicts autodetection.
For those curious I am attaching my initial test suite. I am currently
integrating this into ispell.el (unfortunately slowly due to time
constraints)

-- 
Agustin