Subject: bug#13460: Issue to change dictionary when using hunspell on emacs

From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:30:29 +0100

From: Jochen Schmitt
> 
> I have try to create a suggestion for a general solution for
> this issue in the next release of emacs.
> 
> I have attached a patch on this mail which introduced a alist to
> translate the dictionary names like 'english' in the form which will
> be accepted by hunspell.
> 
> I have done a first short test to check out, that this is a
> working solution.
>  
> Of course the ispell-hunspell-dictionary-alist need extension because 
> I have put only two entries to be able to check out my solution.

Hi Jochen. Thanks a lot for your feedback (and to Glenn for forwarding it),
you can send your followups to the bug address.

I remember to have done some initial work with an alias file for hunspell,
but I do not find that now.

I'd keep the name `ispell-hunspell-dictionary-alist' for the alist of
actually found dicts, once implemented in one way or another. I vaguely
remember using something like `ispell-hunspell-dictionary-equivs-alist' for
the purpose of having a list of equivalences. I'd also not hardcode nil to
"en_GB".

For the rest I think it can be useful as a temporary workaround, but I'd
prefer to see these changes in a sanitized dictionary alist for hunspell,
something similar to what is done in `ispell-set-spellchecker-params' to use
[:alpha:] when possible, but for this purpose and limited to the original
base alist. Otherwise will only work for entries not using explicit "-d"
and may hide personal choices in ~/.emacs pointing to non-standard locations
(e.g., "american" using "~/personal/en_US". (Looked quickly, may be I missed
something)

Let me try to find where I have my previous work and what is harder, try to
find the time. This should not be that time consuming, so I expect to look
at this shortly.

Thanks again. 

Regards.

-- 
Agustin