Subject: Re: bug#13626: 24.3.50; (Regression) `C-w' doesn't deactivate the mark when recording a keyboard macro

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 17:12:57 +0100

>> I observe the below problem in [1], but not in [2].
>>
>> Recipe from "emacs -Q":
>>   M-x tool-bar-mode RET F3 C-x h C-w
>>
>> The mark should be deactivated after `C-w', but it is not, and it is
>> deactivated upon moving the point.
>
> I guess you meant "M-w", not "C-w".  The latter deletes the whole
> buffer, so the region is empty and you cannot see the bug.

Yes, I meant "M-w".  Sorry.

> Should be fixed now.

Thank you.

>> Nonsensical.
>
> If you mean that bugs should make more sense next time,then OK, we
> will try.  Otherwise, this remark is uncalled-for.

I meant that the behavior I observed makes no sense to me, IOW, it is
a misbehavior or a bug.  Just that.  No offense intended, of course.
I'm not very good at English, so maybe "nonsensical" could lead to
misinterpretation.

-- 
Dani Moncayo