Subject: bug#13597: Feature request: Use ediff in log-view.el for git repositories

From: "R. Diez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:59:40 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there:
I wish to use ediff to compare 2 revisions in a git repository, but there seems to be no 
log-view-ediff counterpart to log-view-diff in file log-view.el . Unfortunately, I don't know enough Lisp to do it myself, so I would be grateful if you could add 
such a routine in the future.

In my eyes, it would also be an 
improvement if the user could mark 2 revisions with the 'm' key and then
 compare them at once. Marking the log entry texts is a hit-and-miss 
affair, if you miss the last empty line you'll be comparing the wrong 
revisions.
I contacted the author (Stefan Monnier) and he asked me to send a bug report here.

More info, in case needed:

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-11-05 on litembilla, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-security
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
 -Wl,-z,relro' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Thanks,
  rdiez