Subject: bug#13588: Pax hangs in case big UID

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 20:29:51 +0200

On 04/26/2013 01:48 PM, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
>> Actually, I prefer to keep the checks distinct, and output the problematic
>> UID/GID as well (makes debugging easier).  So I'd rather drop the squash-in
>> patch you proposed.
> 
> No problem :).
> 
>>> I'm also quite afraid of testsuite performance of testsuite - this
>>> check costs more than 6 seconds..
>>
>> Wait, you mean the new checks in m4/tar.4m?  That can't be right, they
>> should be very fast ...  Am I missing something?
> 
> I mean the test t/tar-ustar-id-too-high.sh (~6seconds for such trivial
> task, but it may not be bottleneck?).
>
Alas no, our testsuite is already slooow; this test is just a drop in the
pond.  Not worth worrying about it now.

> Another thing, attaching log for failed task:
>    make check TESTS=t/tar-override.sh
>
I can reproduce this as well :-(  Let's see if I can solve it; in the
meantime, I'll refrain from pushing.  But I definitely want this bug fixed
in Automake 1.13.2, so don't worry: merging this topic is still high
priority!

Thanks, and best regards,
  Stefano