Subject: Re: bug#13583: 24.3.50; Error when activating auto-revert-mode

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 15:22:04 +0100

>> Why would you need to save any customizations at all?  If you want to
>> customize yet another variable, add yet another custom-set-variables
>> form to your .emacs, that's all.  What am I missing?
>
> Yes, I think that's a good approach.  I'll get rid of my custom file,
> and do the appropriate calls to custom-set-xxxx directly from my init
> file.

But for the record: IIUC, I that approach isn't flawless either,
because doing face customization is pretty hard without the customize
facility, and using customize will imply:
1. Do the customization in a custom buffer.
2. Save the customization (for getting the elisp code).
3. Look for the appropriate sentence in the generated custom file, and
move it to my init file.

That is not very convenient, but fortunately I don't do face
customization every day.

-- 
Dani Moncayo