Subject: bug#13583: 24.3.50; Error when activating auto-revert-mode

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:59:43 +0100

Recipe from "emacs -Q":
1. Eval: (setq auto-revert-use-notify nil)
2. Visit some file.
3. M-x auto-revert-mode RET

When I do it, my Emacs fails with this message:
   custom-initialize-reset: Symbol's value as variable is void:
auto-revert-notify-watch-descriptor

and auto-revert-mode is not activated.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.2.3790)
 of 2013-01-25 on MS-W8-DANI
Bzr revision: 111604 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.2.3790
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1_win32/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2_win32/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.1.5-w32/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'

-- 
Dani Moncayo