Subject: error when compiling ftfont.c from CVS

From: "Joe Corneli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 17:19:57 -0600

I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.11 on a macbook pro.

I had no problems installing GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1
(i686-apple-darwin8.11.1, GTK+ Version 2.6.10)
via fink.

When I passed the same configuration options to the current CVS
version of Emacs, I got the following error
when I ran 'make bootstrap':

gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I.
-I/Users/planetmath/emacs/src -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -Dtemacs    -g -O2
-Wno-pointer-sign  md5.c
gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I.
-I/Users/planetmath/emacs/src -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -Dtemacs    -g -O2
-Wno-pointer-sign  xfont.c
gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I.
-I/Users/planetmath/emacs/src -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -Dtemacs    -g -O2
-Wno-pointer-sign  ftfont.c
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_pattern_entity':
ftfont.c:164: error: 'FC_WEIGHT_REGULAR' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:164: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ftfont.c:164: error: for each function it appears in.)
ftfont.c:173: error: 'FC_WIDTH' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_list':
ftfont.c:792: error: 'FC_WIDTH' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[2]: *** [ftfont.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error