Subject: Re: bug#1358: error when compiling ftfont.c from CVS

From: "Joe Corneli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:12:33 -0600

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> "Joe Corneli" wrote:
>
>> When I passed the same configuration options to the current CVS
>> version of Emacs,
>
> Can you share what these configuration options were?

Sure, here:

./configure --infodir='${prefix}/share/info'
--mandir='${prefix}/share/man' --libexecdir='${prefix}/lib'

>> ftfont.c:164: error: 'FC_WEIGHT_REGULAR' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> What version of fontconfig do you have installed?

It looks like several versions are installed via fink:

% fink list fontconfig
Information about 7570 packages read in 1 seconds.
 i   fontconfig-conf  2.4.1-5      configuration files for fontconfig
     fontconfig-path  20050601-3   Add custom directories to fontconfig search
 p   fontconfig1                   [virtual package]
 p   fontconfig1-dev               [virtual package]
 p   fontconfig1-shl               [virtual package]
 i   fontconfig2-dev  2.4.1-5      Font configuration library
 i   fontconfig2-shl  2.4.1-5      Fontconfig 2, shared libs
 i   system-pkgconfi  2.1.0-1      [virtual pkgconfig package representing fo...

> What does `pkg-config --modversion fontconfig' report?

2.1.0

(Which suggests perhaps I should remove the system-pkgconfi package and
use the fontconfig2-shl?)

> What does the configure script output say about fontconfig?

Two lines:

checking GTK_LIBS... -L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk-x11-2.0
-lgdk-x11-2.0 -lXrandr -lXinerama -lXext -lXcursor -latk-1.0
-lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lpangoxft-1.0 -lXft -lXrender -lpangox-1.0 -lX11
-lpangoft2-1.0 -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpango-1.0 -lm -lgobject-2.0
-lgmodule-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl -liconv
checking XFT_LIBS... -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXft -lfreetype -lXrender -lfontconfig