Subject: Re: bug#13567: 24.1; New remember back-end for storing data in multiple files

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:43:44 +0100

On 27 April 2013 16:38, Josh <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> The form Glenn suggested would place remember-data-directory under
> user-emacs-directory, which is documented to contain "additional per-user
> Emacs-specific files", not merely configuration files.
>

These are not Emacs-specific files.

 It's better to make this the default location instead of cluttering up
> users' home directories, especially with non-hidden files, without their
> permission.
>

It's data they've specifically entered, and a remember back-end they've
specifically configured.

>  See also bug 13870 for a recent precedent.
>

The wrong solution, I think, though since the previous value was a
dot-file, the new one may as well be considered Emacs-specific (although by
comparison with .tagline or .project, perhaps not).

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org