Subject: bug#13566: 24.1; Too easy to forget things with remember

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 17:44:24 +0100

On 14 May 2013 17:14, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Reuben Thomas wrote:
>
> > Auto-save protection would be nice, but that seems like a separate issue,
> > unless you're also suggesting that the prompt-on-exit for an unfinalized
> > remember buffer should be to save in a temporary file (which could be
> > confusing, especially for a user who doesn't use desktop.el or some other
> > session support), in which case I'm not sure it's a good idea.
>
> Maybe use write-contents-functions to make saving actually finalize.
>

Could you summarize what you're suggesting now, please? I previously
suggested one change, to add (setq buffer-offer-save t) to the function
"remember". Your suggestions taken together seem to involve multiple
changes to achieve a) the same result as mine and b) auto-save protection,
which seems worthwhile if it's similarly simple.

>  It's a shame to see existing small functionality reimplemented by a
> mammoth package. But if no-one cares enough to do anything about it,
> that's how it is I suppose.
>

I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference if org-capture is as simple to
use, since org-mode is shipped as part of Emacs.

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org