Subject: bug#13564: 24.2.91; Reg-exp in directory-files stops working (badly affects org-mode)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 19:26:10 +0200

Vitalie Spinu <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have just experienced this for the second time this week.
>
> I have plenty of org files in my "~/pim" directory. After a couple of
> days of uptime org agenda stops recognizing my files. I have tracked it
> down to directory-files:
>
>    (directory-files "~/pim/" nil ".*\\.org\\'")
>
> returns only a small fraction of all available files. If I start emacs
> anew it works as expected.  
>
> What is going on with directory-files? Are there flags that can change
> its regexp matching?

(I'm going through old Emacs bug reports that unfortunately got no
response at the time.)

There shouldn't be anything that can make that function stop working in
this way.

Have you seen this behaviour in more modern versions of Emacs?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no