Subject: Re: bug#13553: 24.3.50; incorrect usage of IS_DIRECTORY_SEP

From: Shigeru Fukaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:36:48 +0900

One more, please.

CharNextExA/CharPrevExA work based on dynamically specified codepage.

And, _mbspbrk/_mbslwr are also used in w32.c.  They work based on MS
Window's locale setting.

Isn't it inconsistent?  _mbsinc/_mbsdec would simply be sufficient?
(Besides, I don't know well, _mbslwr seems to me lower latin
characters' case on some locale.  Is it true, or intended behavior?)

Thank you,
Shigeru

>> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 17:24:37 -0500
>> 
>> CharNextExA and CharPrevExA, in my mind, do perform the moral equivalent
>> of decoding the argument (just in an incremental way).
>
>No, they are the equivalents of NEXT_CHAR_BOUNDARY and
>PREV_CHAR_BOUNDARY, except that they can do this for many different
>encodings, not just for UTF-8.