Subject: Re: bug#13553: 24.3.50; incorrect usage of IS_DIRECTORY_SEP

From: Shigeru Fukaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:56:54 +0900

Built on migw32, and no trouble, thank you
(I didn't do coverage tests, sorry).

But we must remember, my raise of issue is the incorrect usage of
IS_DIRECTORY_SEP.  There are still more in fileio.c and more.
(I really expect remove the check of '\' from IS_DIRECTORY_SEP, and
handle '\' only where it is necessary, and things wolud be better)

>> As for coding symbol, not a few Japanese use 'cp932 not 'shift-jis I 
>> suppose.  But we need some notice for users.
>
>Not sure what you are saying here.  Do you think many Japanese Windows
>users will set file-name-coding-system to shift_jis, or that most of
>them will set it to cp932?
>
>Normally, users don't customize file-name-coding-system at all, in
>which case Emacs will use default-file-name-coding-system, that is
>automatically set to cp932, according to the system-wide codepage.

Yes, you are right. I mean, maybe, the case of using some remote file
system.  You can check by yourself their (our?) usage if you like.
Some seems still using shift-jis, not cp932.

http://www.google.co.jp/search?q=file-name-coding-system+sjis

Regards,
Shigeru