Subject: bug#13553: 24.3.50; incorrect usage of IS_DIRECTORY_SEP

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 19:37:57 +0200

> From: Shigeru Fukaya <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 01:33:32 +0900
> 
> I'll try build and check it next, anyway.

Thank you.

> Yes, my `w32-get-true-file-attributes' is nil. (Isn't it default?)

The default is 'local', which means your local files use a different
code path, one which doesn't need to use IS_DIRECTORY_SEP.

If your value was nil, then I understand why the code I fixed could
cause trouble.

> As for coding symbol, not a few Japanese use 'cp932 not 'shift-jis I 
> suppose.  But we need some notice for users.

Not sure what you are saying here.  Do you think many Japanese Windows
users will set file-name-coding-system to shift_jis, or that most of
them will set it to cp932?

Normally, users don't customize file-name-coding-system at all, in
which case Emacs will use default-file-name-coding-system, that is
automatically set to cp932, according to the system-wide codepage.