Subject: Re: bug#13552: 24.3.50; glitch in Info formatting for cross reference

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:57:53 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:07:06 -0800
> 
> (elisp) `The Mark' shows this to the user:
>  
>      If `shift-select-mode' is non-`nil' and the current command was
>      invoked via shift translation (see shift-translation
>      .), this function sets the mark and temporarily
>      activates the region, unless the region was already temporarily
>      activated in this way.  Otherwise, if the region has been activated
>      temporarily, it deactivates the mark and restores the variable
>      `transient-mark-mode' to its earlier value.
>  
> The problem is the visual newline between `shift-translation' and
> `.'.  This is a no-no.

That's because what info.el does is put an invisible text property on
a part of the cross-reference that is deemed "unimportant".  You can
turn off this behavior by customizing Info-hide-node-references.