Subject: bug#13552: 24.3.50; glitch in Info formatting for cross reference

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:07:06 -0800

(elisp) `The Mark' shows this to the user:
 
     If `shift-select-mode' is non-`nil' and the current command was
     invoked via shift translation (see shift-translation
     .), this function sets the mark and temporarily
     activates the region, unless the region was already temporarily
     activated in this way.  Otherwise, if the region has been activated
     temporarily, it deactivates the mark and restores the variable
     `transient-mark-mode' to its earlier value.
 
The problem is the visual newline between `shift-translation' and
`.'.  This is a no-no.
 
The actual text (which you see if you copy + paste) is this,
which is in fact filled properly:
 
     If `shift-select-mode' is non-`nil' and the current command was
     invoked via shift translation (*note shift-translation: Key
     Sequence Input.), this function sets the mark and temporarily
     activates the region, unless the region was already temporarily
     activated in this way.  Otherwise, if the region has been activated
     temporarily, it deactivates the mark and restores the variable
     `transient-mark-mode' to its earlier value.
 
A similar problem appears in the paragraph before that one:
 
     This function implements the "shift-selection" behavior of
     point-motion commands.  See Shift Selection(emacs)
     .  It is called automatically by the Emacs command loop
     whenever a command with a `^' character in its `interactive' spec
     is invoked, before the command itself is executed (*note ^:
     Interactive Codes.).
 
Again, the problem is the eliding of the text between `Shift Selection'
and `.'.  The actual text is this:
 
     This function implements the "shift-selection" behavior of
     point-motion commands.  *Note Shift Selection: (emacs)Shift
     Selection.  It is called automatically by the Emacs command loop
     whenever a command with a `^' character in its `interactive' spec
     is invoked, before the command itself is executed (*note ^:
     Interactive Codes.).

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2013-01-22 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 111584 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/Devel/emacs/build/include --ldflags -LC:/Devel/emacs/build/lib'