Subject: bug#13551: 24.3.50; epa-mail-encrypt chooses wrong key

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 18:40:49 +0200

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have a public key for [email-masked] and a key for another martin at
> another host.  When I encrypt a message to `martin' -- which means, in
> my case, [email-masked]' -- epa-mail-encrypt picks the other martin.
>
> epa needs to know the default mail hostname so as to pick the correct
> Martin.  It can get that from the value of user-mail-address, and
> maybe have other ways to specify it.

I don't think any security-related software should be guessing based on
incomplete email addresses.  As far as I can tell, it requires a
complete match, which I guess means you have a key for "martin" (without
a domain name) in your key ring.

Choosing this is the right thing to do, I think, so I'm closing this bug
report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no