Subject: Re: bug#13546: 24.2.92; Error(s) when sending emails

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:01:54 +0100

Hi Eli,

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> It's weird, these messages.  I cannot figure out what causes them.  I
> see in your screencast that helm launches subprocesses like crazy (it
> looks like every pattern character you type runs another Locate
> process).
Helm is starting updating (create the first process) after the
`requires-pattern' value of source, for locate it is 3, so when entering
the third char in pattern the process start, return the data through a
process-filter, then stop the process-filter (setq *filter t) and kill
the process. When you enter the 4th char, a new process is created,
killed and so on.
You can avoid this by hitting `C-!' when starting helm session, then you
can type the whole pattern quietly and hit `C-!' again when done to
launch process, in this case only one process will be started.
(You can also type `C-!' at anytime to interrupt process too long to
finish, type more input and restart process again with `C-!')

This was just for info in case that help for debugging.

-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997