Subject: Re: bug#13546: 24.2.92; Error(s) when sending emails

From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 23:31:16 +0100

Eli,

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 21:26:03 +0100
>>
>>> Can we step back for a moment and talk about the "Emacs is unusable"
>>> part?  What exactly stops working for you, that you need to start
>>> another session?
>>
>> Examples of show-blockers:
>
> Just examples?  Are there more?

Not necessarily, but they're what just popped out of my mind. I meant as well
that the list is maybe not exhaustive. But, when thinking more, no, I don't
see other problems.

Euh, sorry, another one: impossible to convert an Org file to PDF.

In fact, to be exact, these are problems which render Emacs unusable _for me_.
So, I quit, and take a new one: if I can't read my mails, easily access my
files and/or convert documents to PDF, well, I'm pretty blocked.

>> - Helm-find-files does not include "locate" results anymore (I mean: from
>>   es.exe), just the current buffers, and the recent files.
>
> Any error message(s)?  Or just silent failures?

Silent failures -- at least, I never saw anything wrong. Maybe some info is
hidden, though, somewhere in Messages or in debug buffers?

>> - When connecting to my mail server, it's denied: I see all my mail groups
>>   grayed, and pressing ^, closing the server connection (C), re-establishing
>>   it (O) does not work. So, basically, I can't read my mails anymore.
>
> Again, any error message(s)?

Yes (see live screencasts): connections denied to the mail server. Tough,
that's not a that weird message... Nothing as spectacular as "spawning
processes" or such.

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sebastien Vauban