Subject: bug#13546: 24.2.92; Error(s) when sending emails

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 14:40:59 -0500

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 16:03:41 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote: 

>> From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 08:36:23 -0500
>> 
>> I didn't see this suggested: can you try from another platform besides W32?

EZ> Unless you are thinking about a bug in GnuTLS, I don't see how this
EZ> could help.  The problem is quite clearly in the infrastructure used
EZ> in the w32 build of Emacs.  Any other platform will not have any
EZ> comparable infrastructure, as they all use system-provided facilities
EZ> like signals and pty's.

I'd like to know that there's a working Emacs and a broken one, so we
can do some differential analysis.  Right now we're crossing our
fingers that the latest pretest works.

Also, if we can determine definitely that the problem only affects W32
as we have supposed so far, it makes the debugging easier and the
problem less of a release blocker.

I brought up GnuTLS because it's involved in some of Sebastian's setup,
and it has special glue in Emacs for W32.  As with my other suggestions,
I'm just trying to do some differential analysis to see if there's some
kind of bisection that will reduce the set of possible causes.  But I
agree with you that it's an unlikely cause... so I'll be quiet now :)

Ted