Subject: bug#13546: 24.2.92; Error(s) when sending emails

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:43:55 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> You seem to be posting via the bug newsgroup. Please don't do that,
>> since it breaks http://debbugs.gnu.org/13546 - notice none of your
>> replies are there. This is unfixable, so please treat the bug newsgroup
>> as read-only (better still, forget it exists).
>
> The problem is that sometimes the bug tracker doesn't respond with the
> bug number for very long time.  To someone like me, who is used to
> reply without ever looking at the headers, it's a nuisance to check
> whether there's a bug address there, and if not, go through the PITA
> of surfing to the tracker and searching for the bug number there.

I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying this is why some people
want to use the newsgroup interface? If so, that doesn't make sense to
me.

There is no problem with what you were doing in your replies (note that
I was talking to the OP, not you; check the To: header).

It is impossible for a message to appear on bug-gnu-emacs without a bug
number UNLESS the initial report was sent by the newsgroup (which it
wasn't in this case).

(Anyway this is OT for this report.)