Subject: bug#13546: 24.2.92; Error(s) when sending emails

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 20:01:53 +0200

> From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:32:34 +0100
> 
> Regarding emacs-24 (Emacs 24.2.93), I'm using it since yesterday morning. It
> more or less causes me problems after a couple of hours.
> 
> The last symptom, now, was when trying to send an email via Gnus (or should I
> say Message?). Emacs seemed inflooping, but still stopped and displayed me
> this after a while (one minute or so -- subjective appreciation):
> 
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> Emergency (alloc): Warning: past 95% of memory limit
> Memory exhausted--use C-x s then exit and restart Emacs
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Please post here all the symptoms, not just the last one.  We don't
have much time till the next pretest (which is planned to be a release
candidate), so we must be very efficient in our communications if we
want any chance of solving this before Emacs 24.3 is released.

Do you still maintain that pretest 24.2.91 worked fine on this same
machine with the same setup?  If so, then I'm almost at the end of my
wits wrt your problems.  I have reviewed all the Windows specific
changes introduced between 24.2.91 and today, and found only one that
could be even remotely relevant.  I have now reverted that one change
(revision 111303 on the emacs-24 branch), so please see if the next
binary behaves better.  If not, I will have to give up on these
problems until someone more talented shows us the light.  Sorry.