Subject: Re: bug#13546: 24.2.92; Error(s) when sending emails

From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:32:34 +0100

Hello Glenn and Eli,

Glenn Morris wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" wrote:
>
>> - emacs-24-r111276-20130218-w32-i386.zip (58.94 MB), 7 days ago
>> - emacs-trunk-r111822-20130217-w32-i386.zip (59.33 MB), 8 days ago
>>
>> IIUC, you want me to test the first one?
>
> Whatever is the latest emacs-24- you find there.

As said in a separate bug report, emacs-trunk has a problem opening Org files
(at least, for me) because of an autoload. Bastien should have fixed that.
I'll report when testing the next available binary.

Regarding emacs-24 (Emacs 24.2.93), I'm using it since yesterday morning. It
more or less causes me problems after a couple of hours.

The last symptom, now, was when trying to send an email via Gnus (or should I
say Message?). Emacs seemed inflooping, but still stopped and displayed me
this after a while (one minute or so -- subjective appreciation):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Emergency (alloc): Warning: past 95% of memory limit
Memory exhausted--use C-x s then exit and restart Emacs
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I did follow the advise...

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sebastien Vauban