Subject: bug#13546: 24.2.92; Error(s) when sending emails

From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:15:01 +0100

Dear Eli,

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:35:59 +0100
>> 
>> > Thanks, this was exactly what I needed. Revisions 111267 and 111268 on the
>> > emacs-24 branch should take care of these problems.
>> 
>> Great news!
>> 
>> > Please try the next binary from the emacs-24 branch, or the next 24.2.9x
>> > pretest, whenever you can.
>> 
>> I'll have a look at the distribs of Dani. I'll take the first following one.
>
> Thanks.  I will leave this bug open in case there are leftovers.  (I
> also am still looking at the gnutls part of this riddle.)

I'll be glad that all those problems will be behind us. I couldn't imagine
suffering more because of using the greatest magical piece of software I do
have at my fingertips...

> You might also try one of the trunk builds, as the trunk didn't have
> that problem in the first place.

OK. But note that I'll be out for a week, so don't expect problem reports from
me...

BTW, a couple of questions:

- What about that magical `C-v' character?  Any idea?

- Now that you know what the problem was, can you confirm that Emacs 23 did
  behave well for my use case?  Maybe Emacs 24.0 as well?

- Is the current problem only happening on Windows (or due to my shell
  setting)?

- Is it only with heavy process-creator users like me (by using Helm as my
  almost only way to switch between buffers and files)?

- Can you confirm the GDB command had to be "p *cp" and not "b *cp"?

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sebastien Vauban