Subject: bug#13544: (web http) fails to parse numeric timezones in Date header

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:07:37 +0100

Andy Wingo <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Thu 14 Mar 2013 14:34, [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>>>> Ok.  What about Ludo's original comment, about the extra space in the
>>>> sqlite header?
>>>
>>> Dunno.  Is it common?  In this particular case I would mail and try to
>>> get them to fix their server, given that it is run by hackers.  Let us
>>> leave that particular issue for another bug.
>>
>> I think standards unfortunately don’t matter as much as usage here.
>
> It's a tradeoff.

Yes, of course.  That was a broad statement, not an argument for this
particular case.

I think looking at the workarounds found in software like Wget and cURL
gives an idea of how far we “could” go (but perhaps they don’t have any
workarounds, and instead just happen to be tolerant because they have
half-baked parsers in C.)

Ludo’.