Subject: bug#13544: (web http) fails to parse numeric timezones in Date header

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:00:44 +0100

On Thu 14 Mar 2013 14:34, [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

>>> Ok.  What about Ludo's original comment, about the extra space in the
>>> sqlite header?
>>
>> Dunno.  Is it common?  In this particular case I would mail and try to
>> get them to fix their server, given that it is run by hackers.  Let us
>> leave that particular issue for another bug.
>
> I think standards unfortunately don’t matter as much as usage here.

It's a tradeoff.  Guile's web module is not permissive; though perhaps a
permissive parsing flag could make sense (one that doesn't propagate
exceptions).  But anyway it will never parse the whole range of crap
that people put on the internet.  So with nonstandard productions it's
always a tradeoff.  In this case the tradeoff is not worth it to me,
especially given other options, but that is MHO.

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/