Subject: bug#13544: (web http) fails to parse numeric timezones in Date header

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:34:28 +0100

Andy Wingo <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Sun 10 Mar 2013 00:50, Daniel Hartwig <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On 9 March 2013 16:21, Andy Wingo <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> On Sat 09 Mar 2013 02:41, Daniel Hartwig <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>
>>>> Interpretting ‘+0000’ timezone is sensible in a robust implementation,
>>>
>>> Yes, I agree, this makes sense.
>>>
>>>> though what to do if a numeric timezone is given other than this?
>>>
>>> I would continue to raise an error I think.  Timezones get complicated,
>>> fast, and there is little hope that we could preserve correctness.
>>> WDYT?
>>
>> Ok.  What about Ludo's original comment, about the extra space in the
>> sqlite header?
>
> Dunno.  Is it common?  In this particular case I would mail and try to
> get them to fix their server, given that it is run by hackers.  Let us
> leave that particular issue for another bug.

I think standards unfortunately don’t matter as much as usage here.

Fossil’s web server (by the same author, I think) doesn’t have the
problem, and sqlite.org doesn’t have a ‘Server’ header, so it’s hard to
tell if it’s common.

Ludo’.