Subject: Re: bug#13540: 24.3.50; Regression in trunk: auto-revert-mode fails on files accessed via samba

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 19:43:51 +0200

> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 18:23:00 +0100
> From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > The debugging messages are received by any debugger attached to Emacs,
> > not just GDB.  So if you have there Windows Debugging Tools, like
> > WinDbg, you can use that to display those messages.
> 
> I've just tried this: From Visual Studio 2008, "tools" menu -> "Attach
> to Process...", select the emacs.exe process and from Emacs eval the
> expression sent by Michael (w32notify-add-watch "t:\myfile" '(size
> last-write-time) 'ignore).  But I see nothing in the "Output" window
> of VS.

I never did this with VS, so I don't know whether something else needs
to be done.  Perhaps the "Output" window is not the right one; do you
have there another window called "Debug" or "Debug output"?  If not,
search the VS documentation for how to display the text sent by the
program using the OutputDebugString API.