Subject: completions-related crash after M-x M-i

From: "Juanma Barranquero" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 02:03:00 +0100

Version: 23.0.60

I cannot repeat this bug at will, but I've seen it quite a few times
already, and the circumstances are always the same: Trying to run a
command whose name starts with "i" (mostly ielm, in my case) I type
"M-x M-i" instead of "M-x i". I don't know why it doesn't happen every
time, though.

  Juanma

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x01018e6a in unwind_to_catch (catch=0x82ef4c, value=<value optimized
out>) at eval.c:1292
1292          unbind_to (catchlist->pdlcount, Qnil);
(gdb) bt
#0  0x01018e6a in unwind_to_catch (catch=0x82ef4c, value=<value
optimized out>) at eval.c:1292
#1  0x0101a9b9 in Fthrow (tag=54872905, value=47921201) at eval.c:1334
#2  0x011d9f7a in re_match_2_internal (bufp=0x14d5b70, string1=0x0,
size1=0, string2=0x1394e4f "default-input-method",
    size2=20, pos=0, regs=0x14c9230, stop=20) at regex.c:6395
#3  0x011da8bf in re_search_2 (bufp=0x14d5b70, str1=0x0, size1=0,
str2=0x1394e4f "default-input-method", size2=20, startpos=0,
    range=0, regs=0x14c9230, stop=20) at regex.c:4625
#4  0x011db101 in re_search (bufp=0x14d5b70, string=0x1394e4f
"default-input-method", size=20, startpos=0, range=20,
    regs=0x14c9230) at regex.c:4392
#5  0x01183db0 in string_match_1 (regexp=65044179, string=19503963,
start=0, posix=0) at search.c:431
#6  0x01183fd3 in Fstring_match (regexp=65044179, string=19503963,
start=0) at search.c:472
#7  0x01112ffe in Fall_completions (string=19006979, collection=<value
optimized out>, predicate=48088497, hide_spaces=47921153)
    at minibuf.c:1670
#8  0x01019f4d in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x82e0e0) at eval.c:3054
#9  0x01146e24 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=19297451, vector=19297572,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:678
#10 0x0101c466 in funcall_lambda (fun=19297388, nargs=4,
arg_vector=0x82e228) at eval.c:3231
#11 0x01019bac in Ffuncall (nargs=5, args=0x82e224) at eval.c:3090
#12 0x01146e24 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=19298923, vector=19298980,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:678
#13 0x0101be04 in Feval (form=19298909) at eval.c:2381
#14 0x0101cce3 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=48409345,
bodyform=19298909, handlers=19299021) at eval.c:1456
#15 0x011476b5 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=19298491, vector=19298708,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:868
#16 0x0101c466 in funcall_lambda (fun=19298412, nargs=4,
arg_vector=0x82e524) at eval.c:3231
#17 0x01019bac in Ffuncall (nargs=5, args=0x82e520) at eval.c:3090
#18 0x01146e24 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=19299259, vector=19299348,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:678
#19 0x0101c466 in funcall_lambda (fun=19299204, nargs=4,
arg_vector=0x82e664) at eval.c:3231
#20 0x01019bac in Ffuncall (nargs=5, args=0x82e660) at eval.c:3090
#21 0x01146e24 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=19286355, vector=19286412,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:678
#22 0x0101c466 in funcall_lambda (fun=19286324, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x82e7a4) at eval.c:3231
#23 0x01019bac in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x82e7a0) at eval.c:3090
#24 0x01146e24 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=19281651, vector=19281700,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:678
#25 0x0101be04 in Feval (form=19281637) at eval.c:2381
#26 0x0101cce3 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=48409345,
bodyform=19281637, handlers=19281733) at eval.c:1456
#27 0x011476b5 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=19281539, vector=19281596,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:868
#28 0x0101c466 in funcall_lambda (fun=19281492, nargs=2,
arg_vector=0x82ea74) at eval.c:3231
#29 0x01019bac in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x82ea70) at eval.c:3090
#30 0x01146e24 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=19286515, vector=19286580,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:678
#31 0x0101c466 in funcall_lambda (fun=19286452, nargs=4,
arg_vector=0x82ebb4) at eval.c:3231
#32 0x01019bac in Ffuncall (nargs=5, args=0x82ebb0) at eval.c:3090
#33 0x01146e24 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=19287939, vector=19288052,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:678
#34 0x0101c466 in funcall_lambda (fun=19287916, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x82ecf4) at eval.c:3231
#35 0x01019bac in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x82ecf0) at eval.c:3090
#36 0x01146e24 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=52443763, vector=55341828,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:678
#37 0x0101c466 in funcall_lambda (fun=61437668, nargs=4,
arg_vector=0x82ee44) at eval.c:3231
#38 0x01019bac in Ffuncall (nargs=5, args=0x82ee40) at eval.c:3090
#39 0x01146e24 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=52575843, vector=53641348,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:678
#40 0x0101be04 in Feval (form=53327005) at eval.c:2381
#41 0x010193a0 in internal_catch (tag=54872905, func=0x101b7bf
<Feval>, arg=53327005) at eval.c:1247
#42 0x011476fb in Fbyte_code (bytestr=52576035, vector=61438756,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:853
#43 0x0101be04 in Feval (form=53327189) at eval.c:2381
#44 0x0101cce3 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=47921153,
bodyform=53327189, handlers=53326973) at eval.c:1456
#45 0x011476b5 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=52573459, vector=54893444,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:868
#46 0x0101c466 in funcall_lambda (fun=61438148, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x82f2ec) at eval.c:3231
#47 0x01019bac in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x82f2e8) at eval.c:3090
#48 0x0101b2ff in run_hook_with_args (nargs=1, args=0x82f2e8,
cond=to_completion) at eval.c:2703
#49 0x0101b476 in Frun_hooks (nargs=1, args=0x82f384) at eval.c:2566
#50 0x01019dbf in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x82f380) at eval.c:3025
#51 0x01146e24 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=52573843, vector=63349220,
maxdepth=<value optimized out>) at bytecode.c:678
#52 0x0101c466 in funcall_lambda (fun=61439940, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x82f4ec) at eval.c:3231
#53 0x01019bac in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x82f4e8) at eval.c:3090
#54 0x0101b2ff in run_hook_with_args (nargs=1, args=0x82f4e8,
cond=to_completion) at eval.c:2703
#55 0x0101b476 in Frun_hooks (nargs=1, args=0x82f584) at eval.c:2566
#56 0x01019dbf in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x82f580) at eval.c:3025
#57 0x0101b1ac in call1 (fn=48088833, arg1=47972905) at eval.c:2825
#58 0x010831fb in safe_run_hooks_1 (hook=8582584) at keyboard.c:2116
#59 0x010192f6 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x10831d6
<safe_run_hooks_1>, handlers=47921201,
    hfun=0x108c415 <safe_run_hooks_error>) at eval.c:1511
#60 0x0108c3d1 in safe_run_hooks (hook=47972905) at keyboard.c:2144
#61 0x0109636d in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1899
#62 0x010192f6 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x1095d3f
<command_loop_1>, handlers=47984905, hfun=0x108cf77 <cmd_error>)
    at eval.c:1511
#63 0x0108c40b in command_loop_2 () at keyboard.c:1338
#64 0x010193a0 in internal_catch (tag=48088449, func=0x108c3e8
<command_loop_2>, arg=47921153) at eval.c:1247
#65 0x0108cd6b in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1303
#66 0x0108d110 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:942
#67 0x011150b8 in read_minibuf (map=47910373, initial=47921153,
prompt=<value optimized out>, backup_n=0, expflag=0,
    histvar=47975337, histpos=0, defalt=47921153, allow_props=0,
inherit_input_method=0) at minibuf.c:735
#68 0x01115a69 in Fcompleting_read (prompt=52403267,
collection=47923204, predicate=48088497, require_match=47921201,
    initial_input=47921153, hist=47975337, def=47921153,
inherit_input_method=47921153) at minibuf.c:1814
#69 0x01083e35 in Fexecute_extended_command (prefixarg=47921153) at
keyboard.c:10393
#70 0x01019fe0 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x82fab0) at eval.c:3044
#71 0x01149fdd in Fcall_interactively (function=47981193,
record_flag=47921153, keys=47954692) at callint.c:857
#72 0x01019fb6 in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x82fc78) at eval.c:3050
#73 0x0101a238 in call3 (fn=48112737, arg1=47981193, arg2=47921153,
arg3=47921153) at eval.c:2870
#74 0x01096318 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1880
#75 0x010192f6 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x1095d3f
<command_loop_1>, handlers=47984905, hfun=0x108cf77 <cmd_error>)
    at eval.c:1511
#76 0x0108c40b in command_loop_2 () at keyboard.c:1338
#77 0x010193a0 in internal_catch (tag=47980977, func=0x108c3e8
<command_loop_2>, arg=47921153) at eval.c:1247
#78 0x0108cdc2 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1317
#79 0x0108d110 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:942
#80 0x0108d27b in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:1004
#81 0x01002fb1 in main (argc=1, argv=0xa92728) at emacs.c:1777

Lisp Backtrace:
"byte-code" (0x82f070)
"icomplete-exhibit" (0x82f2ec)
"run-hooks" (0x82f384)
0x3a97fc4 PVEC_COMPILED
"run-hooks" (0x82f584)
"execute-extended-command" (0x82fab4)
"call-interactively" (0x82fc7c)