Subject: menuacc bug

From: John Sampson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:02:09 +0000

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 24.2; menuacc
--text follows this line--
This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgement at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

On starting Emacs 24.2 on Windows 7 Home Premium, an error message about
"load file menuacc" appears. Starting in debug mode, the message is:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "menuacc")
   require(menuacc)
   mapc(require (menuacc))
   custom-theme-set-variables(user (cua-mode t nil (cua-base)) 
(emacsw32-max-frames t) (emacsw32-mode t) (emacsw32-style-frame-title t) 
(htmlize-view-print-visible t t) (menuacc-active t nil (menuacc)) 
(recentf-mode t) (swbuff-y-mode t) (w32-meta-style (quote w32-lr)) 
(w32-print-menu-show-print nil) (w32-print-menu-show-ps-print nil) 
(w32shell-shell (quote cmd)))
   apply(custom-theme-set-variables user ((cua-mode t nil (cua-base)) 
(emacsw32-max-frames t) (emacsw32-mode t) (emacsw32-style-frame-title t) 
(htmlize-view-print-visible t t) (menuacc-active t nil (menuacc)) 
(recentf-mode t) (swbuff-y-mode t) (w32-meta-style (quote w32-lr)) 
(w32-print-menu-show-print nil) (w32-print-menu-show-ps-print nil) 
(w32shell-shell (quote cmd))))
   custom-set-variables((cua-mode t nil (cua-base)) (emacsw32-max-frames 
t) (emacsw32-mode t) (emacsw32-style-frame-title t) 
(htmlize-view-print-visible t t) (menuacc-active t nil (menuacc)) 
(recentf-mode t) (swbuff-y-mode t) (w32-meta-style (quote w32-lr)) 
(w32-print-menu-show-print nil) (w32-print-menu-show-ps-print nil) 
(w32shell-shell (quote cmd)))
   eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "c:/emacs-23.4/.emacs" nil t)  ; 
Reading at buffer position 604
   load-with-code-conversion("c:/emacs-23.4/.emacs" 
"c:/emacs-23.4/.emacs" t t)
   load("~/.emacs" t t)
   #[0 "\205\262

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
     `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
c:/emacs-24.2/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
  of 2012-08-29 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --cflags
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: ENG
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: cp1252
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   recentf-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
Loading cua-base...done
Loading recentf...done
Loading c:/emacs-23.4/.recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail regexp-opt rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils warnings recentf tree-widget wid-edit
easymenu cua-base cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)