Subject: Re: bug#13532: menuacc bug

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 19:53:48 +0200

> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 17:16:26 +0000
> From: John Sampson <[email-masked]>
> 
> > Please examine your ~/.emacs file for the cause of this problem.
> >
> >
> I installed by unzipping emacs-24.2-bin-i386.zip as obtained from
> http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/ which I assume is official.

Yes, it is official.

> I have done no customizations.

I meant the customizations in your .emacs file.  According to your
report, the error happens when your .emacs is loaded:

   load-with-code-conversion("c:/emacs-23.4/.emacs" "c:/emacs-23.4/.emacs" t t)
   load("~/.emacs" t t)

> When I do unzip I see that two main folders are made - emacs-23.4
> and emacs-24.2.

There's no emacs-23.4 directory in emacs-24.2-bin-i386.zip that is on
the GNU site above.  Perhaps you have a zip to which someone added
some files, or maybe your zip file got corrupted somehow.  Try
downloading the same zip file again.

P.S.  Please keep the bug report on the CC list, so that this
discussion gets recorded by the bug tracker.