Subject: 24.2.92; Normally closed Emacs leaves autosave files

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:13:09 +0100

Hi,

I mean this behavior:

0.  Start emacs -Q
1.  Find any file that is writable for you
2.  Make some change
3.  You've changed your mind.  You type C-x C-c.
    Type n to negate the "Save file ..." question
    Type "yes" to answer the "Modified buffers exist; exit anyway?"
    question

As a result, Emacs exits, but it leaves an autosave file.  IMHO this
shouldn't be the case, because the user decidedly wanted to discard his
changes.  Autosave files should only survive a session if Emacs crashed.

With the current behavior, we only confuse users because they will think
that the autosave files come from a crash, and will want to check if
they have to recover anything.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.92.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2013-01-21 on drachen
Bzr revision: [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr/local/built/''