Subject: bug#13528: closed (Re: bug#13528: "find_emacs_zone_regions: too many regions" --with-wide-int on PPC 7447A Mac OS X 10.5.8)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 16:26:01 +0000

Your bug report

#13528: 24.3.50; "find_emacs_zone_regions: too many regions" --with-wide-int on PPC 7447A Mac OS X 10.5.8

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13528: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13528
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13528: "find_emacs_zone_regions: too many regions" --with-wide-int on PPC 7447A Mac OS X 10.5.8
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 08:25:00 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 01/25/2013 08:45 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> My bug report was wrong: I did not see what 'make bootstrap' was really performing.

OK, thanks for following up; marking this as done.

Subject: 24.3.50; "find_emacs_zone_regions: too many regions" --with-wide-int on PPC 7447A Mac OS X 10.5.8
From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 23:19:05 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

	In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin9.8.0, X toolkit, Xaw3d  
scroll bars)
	 of 2013-01-21 on Latsche.local
	Bzr revision: 111577 [email-masked]
	Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version  
11.0.11399901
	Configured using:
	 `configure --without-pop --without-sound --without-xim --without-gpm
	 --without-dbus --without-gconf --without-gsettings --without-selinux
	 --without-imagemagick --with-x-toolkit=athena
	 --disable-ns-self-contained --x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib
	 --x-includes=/usr/X11/include
	 --enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
	 Support/Emacs/calendar24:/Library/Application Support/Emacs CFLAGS=-g
	 -ggdb3 -H -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -Os -mcpu=7450 -mtune=G4
	 CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib -v -Wl,-v
	 -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs -Wl,-bind_at_load -Wl,-t GCC=gcc-4.2  
CPP=cpp-4.2
	 CXX=c++-4.2 LD=c++-4.2
	PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig'

compiles and builds fine, but when I add --with-wide-int to the  
configure options compilations ends here:

	 0x28f6000 (sz:   0x3fff/  0x5000)
	unexec: find_emacs_zone_regions: too many regions
	make[2]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 1
	make[2]: Leaving directory `.../emacs-24.3.50/src'

It happens for both the X11 client and the NS variant. If I substitute  
-Os with -O0 both compile.

--
Greetings

   Pete
               <\
                 \__     O                       __O
                 | O\   _\\/\-%                _`\<,
                 '()-'-(_)--(_)               (_)/(_)