Subject: bug#13528: "find_emacs_zone_regions: too many regions" --with-wide-int on PPC 7447A Mac OS X 10.5.8

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 17:45:32 +0100

Am 22.01.2013 um 23:29 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> I did not try that patch yet – because I was compiling GNU Emacs  
> from the same code basis as yesterday, now without the bootstrap  
> option. And it builds with -Os, and if fails when building the  
> bootstrap targets with -Os!

I have indeed undone all patches to src/unexmacosx.c. Within the  
clearly set build environments for configure, make, make install GNU  
Emacs builds without problems. I updated the sources and still no  
problem. The real problem is that 'make bootstrap' does not honour the  
previous configure step and tries something that is bound to fail. If  
this behaviour continues, the sequence of make distclean, configure,  
make, make install seems to be a valid work-around.

My bug report was wrong: I did not see what 'make bootstrap' was  
really performing.

--
Greetings

   Pete

The human brain operates at only 10% of its capacity. The rest is  
overhead for the operating system.