Subject: bug#13528: "find_emacs_zone_regions: too many regions" --with-wide-int on PPC 7447A Mac OS X 10.5.8

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 22:01:46 +0100

Am 22.01.2013 um 23:29 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> I did not try that patch yet – because I was compiling GNU Emacs  
> from the same code basis as yesterday, now without the bootstrap  
> option. And it builds with -Os, and if fails when building the  
> bootstrap targets with -Os!

I found the reason for the different behaviour: 'make bootstrap' seems  
to throw away the Makefile(s) built by configure and it then runs  
config.status. Without setting PATH the wrong utilities are found and  
the built can become a mix of system, Fink, and MacPorts software.  
This cannot work.

To 'make bootstrap' I'll have to rename Fink's /sw or MacPorts' /opt –  
which also means that I won't have access to all compilers installed.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Hard Disk, n.:
	A device that allows users to delete vast quantities of data with  
simple mnemonic commands.