Subject: Re: bug#13528: "find_emacs_zone_regions: too many regions" --with-wide-int on PPC 7447A Mac OS X 10.5.8

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 11:40:07 +0100

Am 23.01.2013 um 02:57 schrieb Paul Eggert:

> On 01/22/2013 03:35 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>>    unexec: not enough room for load commands for new __DATA segments
>
> Presumably this line in unexmacosx.c needs to be changed:
>
> static unsigned long text_seg_lowest_offset = 0x10000000;
>
> I'd try changing it to (say) 0x20000000, and then see what
> Emacs says is the "Lowest offset of all sections in __TEXT segment".

This change leads to the same failure. The requested value ranges from  
0x1218 (from my tries with Xaw3d variant and GCC 4.2, yesterday) up to  
0x20a0 (NS variant with GCC 4.0, last summer). The last (failed)  
compilation reports 0x139c.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim me  
as a German, and France will declare that I am a citizen of the world.  
Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German, and  
Germany will declare that I am a Jew.
				– Albert Einstein, 1929