Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] preproc: add support for relative names in included fragments

From: Bob Friesenhahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 13:10:42 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013, Stefano Lattarini wrote:
>
>> A substantial blocker for converting large packages to non-recursive
>> builds will be eliminated.  Considerable time and electricity will
>> be saved.
>
> By chance, do you plan to start using the feature in some package of
> yours, even before it lands in a released Automake version?  I'm asking
> because it could be some months before the next minor (non-bug-fixing)
> Automake release.

I might be convinced to test it with GraphicsMagick (presumably a 
collection of sed substitutions would be sufficient to edit the 
Makefiles) but would not want to release any software based on an 
unreleased Automake.

Bob
-- 
Bob Friesenhahn
[email-masked], http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/
GraphicsMagick Maintainer,    http://www.GraphicsMagick.org/