Subject: bug#1351: 23.0.60; Provide doc strings for functions in replace.el

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 00:05:43 -0800

> > Would you like to write some? If not, pass. Let me save you 
> > the trouble of responding uselessly to bug reports - feel
> > free not to bother.
> 
> That was unnecessarily harsh, Drew.  There was nothing wrong with what
> Glenn wrote, neither in form, nor in essence.  Pouncing on him for
> that is not fair at all, given the amount of work he invests in
> maintaining Emacs in general, and diagnosing and fixing bugs in
> particular.
> 
> Perhaps you were having a bad day.  We all do from time to time.

Funny. I feel exactly that way about Glenn's message. It was uncalled for:
unnecessary, unhelpful, irrelevant, and impertinent. Perhaps he was having a bad
day.

Wrt my language, which you quoted: I simply echoed his language.

As to the substance - the rest of my reply, I simply explained why I sent that
particular bug report, even though no such explanation should be necessary.

There was no need to reply to the report as Glenn did. His reply did not advance
anything; it was merely sarcasm and provocation.

If it's not helpful to send doc-string bug reports then I'll take Glenn's advice
and save myself the trouble. In that case, his message to not bother will have
served some purpose.