Subject: bug#13496: 24.3.50; C-x v v in local CVS projects hangs

From: Harald Maier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 12:03:44 +0100

C-x v v (vc-next-action) on local CVS projects hangs. I have to quit the
action with C-g. Nothing happens else. The problem exists also under
GNU/Linux. 

Harald

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
  get-file-buffer("/Users/maierh/local/wiki/emacs/EmacsBackup")
  vc-next-action(nil)
  call-interactively(vc-next-action nil nil)

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin12.2.0, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2013-01-19 on ate.maierh
Bzr revision: 111552 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
Configured using:
 `configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib -lfreetype
 --no-create --no-recursion'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Muse

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x e m a - <backspace> c 
s - b <tab> u <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C-g <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Omitting...
(Nothing to omit)
Omitting...
(Nothing to omit)
Omitting...
(Nothing to omit)
Omitting...
(Nothing to omit)
Desktop: 15 buffers restored.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/emacs-w3m/w3m hides /Users/maierh/local/elisp/w3m
~/elisp/muse/lisp/muse hides /Users/maierh/local/elisp/muse
~/elisp/muse/lisp/htmlize hides /Users/maierh/local/elisp/htmlize
/Users/maierh/local/elisp/linum hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/linum
/Users/maierh/local/elisp/hfy-cmap hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/hfy-cmap
/Users/maierh/local/elisp/ruby-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
/Users/maierh/local/elisp/english hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/language/english

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mail-utils paren
jka-compr noutline outline easy-mmode dired-aux cperl-mode vc-cvs
muse-colors desktop preview-latex iso-cvt tex-site auto-loads
scala-mode-auto muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish
muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
warnings server w3m-load abook mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr vcard x-dict
add-log sqlldr sql-indent sql thingatpt show filladapt lpr wdired avoid
cua-base english map generic-x directory edmacro kmacro parse-time
calendar-german time cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cl-macs gv align
recentf tree-widget wid-edit dictem dired-details crontab-mode xref-hks
emacs-wiki executable pcomplete comint ansi-color ring derived iswitchb
boxquote rect highline dired-sort-menu rcs-log generic timezone
html-mode jsp-html-helper-mode asp-html-helper-mode php-html-helper-mode
html-helper-mode advice help-fns tempo cl nadvice cl-lib cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs keep-buffers info dired-x easymenu dired bookmark pp sys
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)