Subject: Re: bug#13486: 25.0.50; struct selection_input_event data might be corrupted by assignments as another structure type

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 17:53:09 +0200

Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for tracking down and diagnosing this bug.  I've installed a
> patch as commit 1552e6737317ea2c85e06600e178114c6b0f9fb2 in emacs
> master; can you please try it in your environment?
>
> It's possible, I suppose, that this fix will affect Bug#13486 and
> Bug#17026 (merged with Bug#16737, Bug#17101, Bug#17172, Bug#19320,
> Bug#20283).  Ideally those bugs would go away too, though this is a
> shot in the dark.  Anyway, I'll CC: to those bug reports to give their
> followers a heads-up.

This was five years ago, and I tried reproducing the test case in
#13486, and I was unable to see any slowness here, so I'm closing this
bug report.  If anybody is still seeing this, please respond to the
debbugs address, and we'll reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no