Subject: Re: bug#13486: 24.2.92: large X-selections: timed out waiting for property notify event

From: Steve Newcomb <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 12:50:44 -0700 (PDT)

In my experience, this bug does not require a large X selection to be
revealed.

Like Dmitry, I am running Ubuntu 14.04 stock emacs 24, (GNU Emacs 24.3.1
(x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7) of 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified
by Debian) but now I've had to abandon it in favor of emacs 23.  The
timed-out-waiting-for-property-notify-event thing has stopped me dead,
dozens of times, requiring me to kill the emacs process and restart the
whole session.  No amount of control-G keypresses can restore it to
responsiveness.  I have not been doing large cut-and-paste operations
(which, yes, also have the similar effect reported above).  I've been
running pdb (python debugger) sessions in shell buffers.  That alone will
put emacs 24 into the unresponsive state described above.  It doesn't seem
to matter whether I'm running locally under X11, or on a remote machine via
an X11 tunnel, or via an x11vnc session.

I rather like everything about Emacs 24, except for the one unfortunate fact
that it simply doesn't work in my pdb sessions in shell buffers.  Emacs 23
still works, though, and that's a great mercy.

--
View this message in context: http://emacs.1067599.n5.nabble.com/bug-13486-24-2-92-large-X-selections-timed-out-waiting-for-property-notify-event-tp275798p333732.html
Sent from the Emacs - Bugs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.