Subject: Re: bug#13486: 24.2.92: large X-selections: timed out waiting for property notify event

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 20:46:44 -0500

(Please keep the debbugs address included in replies.
Resending your comments so they are more visible...)

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 16:02:49 -0500
From: Charles Rendleman <[email-masked]>

The X-server is XMING 7.5.0.29.

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Charles Rendleman wrote:
>
> > $ emacs -Q /usr/share/dict/words
> > C-SPC
> > M->
> > ^X^X  .....
> > (beep) Timed out waiting for property-notify event
>
> Works fine for me. Please send the report-emacs-bug information that
> describes your system/Emacs version.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.92.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.1)
 of 2013-01-10 on drdws0066.nyc.desres.deshaw.com
Windowing system distributor `Colin Harrison', version 11.0.70500029
System Description:	CentOS release 5.7 (Final)

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/u/nyc/rendlemc/dpr/Linux/x86_64/emacs/24.2.92-03'
 '--x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include' '--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib64'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk2'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-rpath,/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/gtkplus/2.22.1-04/lib
 -Wl,-rpath,/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/dbus/1.2.16-01/lib
 -Wl,-rpath=/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/ncurses/5.7-03A/lib
 -L/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/ncurses/5.7-03A/lib
 -Wl,-rpath,/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/jpeg/6b-03A/shared/lib
 -Wl,-rpath,/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/tiff/3.9.4-01A/lib
 -L/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/zlib/1.2.7-10A/shared/lib
 -Wl,-rpath=/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/zlib/1.2.7-10A/shared/lib'
 'LIBS=/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/jpeg/6b-03A/shared/lib/libjpeg.so
 /proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/tiff/3.9.4-01A/lib/libtiff.so'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/gtkplus/2.22.1-04/include
 -I/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/dbus/1.2.16-01/include
 -I/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/ncurses/5.7-03A/include/ncurses
 -I/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/jpeg/6b-03A/shared/include
 -I/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/tiff/3.9.4-01A/include
 -I/proj/desres/root/Linux/x86_64/zlib/1.2.7-10A/shared/include''

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /u/nyc/rendlemc/dpr/Linux/x86_64/emacs-w3m/2013-01-14-07/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m:/u/nyc/rendlemc/dpr/Linux/x86_64/emacs/24.2.92-03/share/emacs/24.2.92/lisp:/u/nyc/rendlemc/dpr/Linux/x86_64/emacs/24.2.92-03/share/emacs/24.2.92/leim
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-SPC <escape> > C-g C-g C-g M-x r e p <tab> o <tab> 
r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Note: file is write protected
Mark set
Timed out waiting for property-notify event [3 times]
Quit [3 times]
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)