Subject: Re: bug#13481: gnus-group-compact-group uncaught delete-file error

From: Keith Waclena <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 16:37:49 -0500

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Keith Waclena <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I have used gnus-group-compact-group for the first time, and it blows up
>> when attempting to delete a file that apparently got deleted out from
>> under gnus:
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Removing old name" "no such file or directory" "/home/keith/Mail/spamarc/255121")
>>   delete-file("/home/keith/Mail/spamarc/255121")
>
> [...]
>
>> I think the delete-file needs to check for an error instead of blowing
>> up.
>
> So you have something else that deletes messages from the directory
> while you're compacting?  I'm not sure whether that can be expected to
> work...

Definitely not *while* I'm compacting, but I did end up deleting some
message files via the shell without gnus's knowledge.  :-(  How
embarassing!

/k

--
Keith Waclena / Arch Linux / OCaml / M-x / ATKQJ / gc'e'a'
http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/keith/    gpg 5DA89C7DECA0D55A
n.p.: Xeno Pariah (Guided By Voices)