Subject: Re: bug#1348: set-frame-width and set-frame-position seem buggy on at least MSWindows

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:17:28 +0100

> Actually -100 doesn't mean anything except to let the "async_visible"
 > flag alone, because otherwise no frame showed at all, for some reason.

But your patch skips more than just the async_visible assignments.

 >> - if a non-size-related request is in the queue we'd honor it - even it
 >>   has some of our code re-resize frames?
 >>
 > Sure, as always.

Not really, because the current code doesn't call w32_read_socket until
input gets unblocked.

 >> - if there's another frame we don't care about the
 >>   record_asynch_buffer_change (); stuff?
 >>
 > What buffer change? Resize doesn't change buffers, does it?

I suppose resizing a frame might do all sorts of nasty things like
resizing and deleting windows within the resized frame, switching
buffers, showing another menu-/tool-bar, ...

martin