Subject: bug#1348: set-frame-width and set-frame-position seem buggy on at least MSWindows

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 16:54:11 +0100

> Below is a patch that fixes the problem on windows.
 >
 > As to X, it turned out that there is actually something
 > similar, it calls itself "x_sync_with_move".
 >
 > Have fun.

Thanks.  I'm running Emacs now with your patch and will inform you if
and when I find any problems.  But please be a bit less cryptic, at
least when talking to illiterate people like me ;-)

 > +          if (-100 != sd)
[....]
 > +  w32_read_socket(-100, 0, NULL);

I suppose the -100 means to not handle "some" asynchronous resize
requests while the WM handles ours.  So

- if a maximize, iconify, restore group request is enqueued we'd drop
   most (or some) of it?

- if another asynchronous (not in the maximize, iconify, restore group)
   size-related request is enqueued, we'd honor it - "instead" of ours?

- if a non-size-related request is in the queue we'd honor it - even it
   has some of our code re-resize frames?

- if there's another frame we don't care about the
   record_asynch_buffer_change (); stuff?

martin