Subject: 24.3.50; Display Tables doc bug

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:10:52 +0100

The (elisp) Display Tables node neglects to mention that changing the
vertical-border slot does not work on graphical terminals (compare
e.g. (set-display-table-slot standard-display-table 'vertical-border
(make-glyph-code 8214)) on graphical and non-graphics-capable displays)
(whereas it does mention this difference for the truncation and wrap
slots).

=== modified file 'doc/lispref/display.texi'
*** doc/lispref/display.texi	2013-01-05 21:18:01 +0000
--- doc/lispref/display.texi	2013-01-17 10:22:19 +0000
***************
*** 5904,5910 ****
  The glyph used to draw the border between side-by-side windows (the
  default is @samp{|}).  @xref{Splitting Windows}.  This takes effect only
  when there are no scroll bars; if scroll bars are supported and in use,
! a scroll bar separates the two windows.
  @end table
  
    For example, here is how to construct a display table that mimics
--- 5904,5912 ----
  The glyph used to draw the border between side-by-side windows (the
  default is @samp{|}).  @xref{Splitting Windows}.  This takes effect only
  when there are no scroll bars; if scroll bars are supported and in use,
! a scroll bar separates the two windows.  On graphical terminals, Emacs
! uses a thin line to indicate the border, so the display table has no
! effect.
  @end table
  
    For example, here is how to construct a display table that mimics

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.4 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.4)
 of 2013-01-17 on rosalinde
Bzr revision: 111542 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11203000
System Description:	openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64)