Subject: bug#13472: [PATCH] libtool: speed up by pre-cutting sed's input by dd

From: Nick Bowler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:43:31 -0500

On 2/13/14, Peter Rosin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 2014-02-13 18:57, Peter Rosin wrote:
>> Ok, everybody seems happy. But not me, not 100% anyway. This introduces
>> an extra fork, and AFAICT, the "extra protection" is only needed when
>> func_lalib_p is called from func_ltwrapper_script_p. Should we perhaps
>> have a separate implementation in func_ltwrapper_script_p instead of
>> simply calling func_lalib_p?
>>
>> Maybe we could also lose the "sed -e 4q" part when dd limits the size?
>
> *snip* outline, real patch attached instead...
>
> Now, which patch should I push?

The new looks a bit nicer to me although I have not tested it.

One comment I have that applies to both patches... you should probably
be using AC_CHECK_PROGS instead of AC_PATH_PROG because the latter
requires an absolute filename.

Specifically, AC_PATH_PROG will ignore any user-set value for DD if
it's not absolute.

Cheers,
  Nick